by Colleen Russell
Since the day we posted the blog about the Dr. Oz Two Week Diet, we have been excitedly reading everyone’s stories of health boosting and weight loss success, and listening to you rally around each other in support. The Nourishing World community becomes a more welcome sanctuary with each passing day! There have been a lot of questions surrounding what to eat and the specifics of the day-to-day diet for the Dr. Oz 2 Week Detox Diet. If you haven’t already read through the diet overview, allowed foods, and eliminated foods, it can be found here.
If you are considering embarking on 2 weeks of rapid weight loss with this plan, you will see that there are A LOT of vegetables! It’s helpful to ‘think outside the box’ and make substitutions for your eliminated foods. It’s also helpful to have a few gadgets in the kitchen! Consider picking up a mandolin slicer, spiral slicer, or a food processor to mix things up a bit! We’ve eliminated starches, but there are several low-glycemic-index vegetables on the list that can be twisted into noodles. (Many apologies to those who have been waiting for the release of this next post. A deep bow of gratitude to you for your patience. ) So, without further ado, the RECIPES!
Dr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Diet Sample Meal Plan
- Eliminate: Caffeine, Wheat, Sweeteners, Carbohydrates/Starches, and Dairy
- Eat only between 8am and 8pm.
- Between meals, drink Detox Broth
- Drink a hot cup of water with ½ lemon, squeezed.
- Vegetable Plate loaded with Broccoli, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas, and Sliced Peppers
- ½ cup of Tzatziki for dipping (recipe below)
- Tossed Salad with Spinach, Tomato, Onion, ½ Avocado, 6 oz Grilled Chicken, and ½ Cup of Tzatziki
- Hummus and 2 brown rice cakes
- Zucchini “Noodles” with Kale Pesto and Artichokes (recipe below)
- Take a Detox Bath with 2 Cups Epsom Salts and 1 Cup Baking Soda
Tzatziki (Cucumber Yogurt Dip/Dressing
- 1 Cucumber grated and pressed
- 1 C 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- Lemon Juice to taste
- ½ t Chopped Dill
Mix the yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice. Stir in the grated, pressed cucumber. Add chopped dill.
Zucchini “Noodles” with Kale Pesto and Artichokes
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 ½ C Kale
- 1 Tomato, Chopped
- 2 ½ T Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Lemon Juice to Taste
- ¼ C Almonds
- 1 Artichoke, sliced
Using a spiral slicer, a mandolin, or a knife, slice zucchini into noodle-shaped strips. Boil water and add zucchini noodles. Allow to boil for one minute.
To a blender or food processor, add Kale, Tomato, 1 ½ T Olive Oil, Garlic, Lemon Juice, and Almonds. Blend into a paste.
Saute artichokes in Olive Oil over Medium heat until they begin to soften. Add Kale Pesto and cook for 3 minutes. Add zucchini noodles and stir until warm.