This diet is ideal for what Dr. Junger calls the “fat all over” body type. You may feel sluggish and addicted to processed foods, and rely heavily on frozen dinners, boxed meals, diet foods, packaged snacks, and processed soups and sauces. This cleanse is designed to give your digestive system a break, boost your metabolism, and give you more energy. An all-liquid detox cleanses the liver, allowing it to flush toxins from fat cells.
- The diet lasts for 3 days, with 3 liquid-only meals a day, and green juice as a snack.
Foods to avoid:
- Solid foods
- All nightshades — no eggplant, potatoes, tomatillos, bell peppers, hot peppers, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, curry
Foods to focus on eating:
- Protein shakes with plant-based protein powder, add a minimum of 14-20 grams of protein to your shakes
- Healthy fats, including avocado and coconut
- Green juice for snacks
- Plant-based protein powder — Perfect Plant Protein or Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Protein or Garden of Life RAW Meal Replacement
- Greens powder with milk thistle — Catie’s Organic Greens
- Liver support with milk thistle — Livatrex
Dr. Junger’s Sample Meal Plan (courtesy of doctoroz.com):
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3