This Coconut Cream Parfait, adapted from a recipe by Celebrity Vegan Chef Jason Wrobel, is a fresh, delicious, easy breakfast, light lunch, or dessert. The coconut provides healthy fats and nutrients, while the protein powder adds lots of raw, plant-based protein and essential amino acids. With no added sugar, no grains, and no animal products, this is great for vegetarians, vegans, those following Paleo, dairy-free, or gluten-free diets, and anyone who is lactose intolerant. Plus, it looks beautiful, and would be a perfect dessert to bring to your next party or potluck!
Vegan Coconut Cream Parfait
- 3 cups coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- 5 drops liquid Stevia
- 2 Tbsp Sunwarrior Warrior Blend, Sun Warrior Classic, or Perfect Plant Protein protein powder
- 3-4 seasonal fruits, peeled and chopped: mango, strawberries, blueberries, blood oranges, blackberries, passion fruit, or any other favorites
- If you are using a whole coconut, make holes at the eyes using a screwdriver and hammer, and invert over a bowl to drain and save all the liquid. Then tap all the way around with the hammer to create a hairline crack down the middle. Split open and break into smaller pieces. Wedge a knife between the meat and the shell and twist slightly to pop the shell off each piece.
- Mix the first five ingredients in a blender on low speed.
- Continue blending until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the Sunwarrior Warrior Blend protein powder and blend until well combined. This is your coconut cream base.
- Spoon a layer of the coconut cream base in the bottom of individual jars or a parfait dish.
- Add a layer of fruit, and continue alternating layers of cream & fruit.
- Garnish with fresh berries or a sprig of mint.
- Eat immediately — this dish does not store well.