See that picture above? I took that just a few minutes ago and my bowl is already empty. I only intended to taste a small bite, but this grain-free pumpkin granola is so good — crunchy and flavorful, with just a hint of saltiness, perfectly balanced with sweetness — it’s hard to resist going back for more! Paleo-friendly, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan, this healthy granola has no oats, no refined sugar, and nothing artificial. It’s high in protein and healthy fats, and makes a great breakfast or snack. I used walnuts, almonds, and pecans, but you can certainly substitute other nuts, as well as other seeds in place of the seeds in the recipe. I like my granola in big chunks (easier for snacking!) but you can stir yours halfway through the bake time if you prefer smaller granola clusters. I’ll leave you with the recipe now while I go refill my bowl.
Paleo Pumpkin Granola Ingredients:
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Perfect Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Paleo Pumpkin Granola Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a food processor, coarsely grind all the nuts and seeds. You can also rough chop them if you prefer.
- Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chopped nuts and seeds to the large bowl and mix everything together so that the nuts and seeds are evenly coated.
- Spread mixture thinly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes. Mine took about 32 minutes, but I always check it frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven when granola is golden brown. It will crisp up a bit more as it cools. Transfer to a tightly covered jar when completely cooled.