By Kerrie Bross
If you’re like me, then pizza is one of those things you really miss when you go flour and sugar free. But this recipe is easy and tastes so good, I want to make it all the time. We’ve had it with sliced tomatoes, like pictured above, and with no nitrite pepperoni. I want to try it with sliced meatballs next. Oooo, I also want to try it with a pesto sauce, feta, spinach and black olives. Choose your favorite toppings and eat up, YUM!
Recipe courtesy of Paula Dean
2 1/2 cups grated cauliflower
1 lightly beaten egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2 Tb Parmesan
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup homemade or store bought tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
your favorite toppings
1. Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Grate cauliflower or chop in a food processor, but don’t over-process to mush.
3. Place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until softened. Remove and let cool a bit.
4. Add the remaining crust ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Pour dough onto lined baking sheet and pat it into a 10″round.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes – until golden.
7. Top pizza with sauce, cheese and desired toppings.
8. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
9. Make sure you get a piece before the kids eat it all!
Want to make this a mega-protein pizza? Adding just 2 scoops of Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen to the dough mixture adds 20 grams of protein! Read about the many other benefits of hydrolyzed collagen here.