By Kerrie Bross
I saw this recipe on Pintrest and had to try it! It is as good as it sounds! The bacon on the outside makes the chicken stay nice and moist and adds great flavor, while the guacamole inside adds more zippy tastiness.
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
Recipe adapted from closetcooking.com
2 boneless chicken breasts, preferably free range or organic
1 cup guacamole (see recipe below)
8 slices of bacon, no nitrites or nitrates
1. Slice the chicken breasts the long way so you get four thin pieces.
2. Spoon some guacamole inside and roll up.
3. Wrap one piece of bacon one way around it and another the opposite way to keep the guacamole from leaking out anywhere.
4. Grill over indirect heat until the bacon is crisp and the chicken is cooked, 160° – 165°. This can be cooked in the oven, but the bacon doesn’t crisp up as nicely.
This is an easy guacamole recipe I love!
1 large organic avocado
1/4 cup diced organic tomatoes
2 Tbs diced onion
1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh crushed garlic
1 tsp fresh diced hot pepper
1. Slice the avocado lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop the fruit out into a bowl. Use a fork to mash it.
2. Add the tomato, onion, salt and any optional ingredients and stir well.
3. Break out the non-GMO tortilla chips and dig in!