The Australian Aborigines are one of the most ancient and still living primitive societies on the planet. For eons they have utilized traditional health practices and retained their robust health. The Aborigines prized emu fat as one of their “sacred foods” for health and healing and have long incorporated it into their mythical “dreamtime” spirituality. Because the emu shares the inhospitable Australian Outback environment with the Aborigines and manages to survive well on only its fat reserves, the fat was revered as a precious food and medicine by the traditional culture. Weston A. Price, the famous dentist and nutritionist of the 20th century who studied the Australian Aborigines as well as other indigenous groups, proclaimed their diets to be rich in fat soluble vitamins and activators which accounted for their low incidence of chronic health problems as compared with people in the developed world. Perhaps the time has come to bring a little “sacred” healing oil into our own lives?
Walkabout Emu Oil
Emus are large birds, native to Australia and similar looking to Ostriches. They cannot fly, but they can do something perhaps even more amazing! They can go without food, essentially fasting, for months at a time usually while sitting on their nest. In order to endure this long period of nutritional deprivation, emus have an ability to store nutrient dense fat in a special fat pocket on their back. Until recently, Emus living in the wild had higher quality oil than those raised commercially. Now Walkabout has been able to replicate this potent wild emu oil by raising emus on Australian farms using their natural habitats and food sources. Raised as genetically distinct groups with no crossbreeding, Walkabout emus are specific genotypes ensuring the highest quality oil. Walkbout Emu Oil is guaranteed to meet strict standards for purity and quality. It is registered with the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), which oversees the production of natural supplements. Walkabout imports the Aborigine’s life-sustaining emu oil from Australia to treat your myriad of health and beauty needs.
Ancient and Modern Uses
Emu Oil can be taken orallyas liquid or in capsules or applied topically and allowed to penetrate the skin with it’s healing qualities.
- Emu oil is best known for reducing local and systemic inflammation often with fairly dramatic results.
- It has been shown to reduce pain, stiffness, and swelling of joints and to improve muscle strain, tendonitis, or bruising. Dr. Oz has recommended emu oil for relief of joint pain and sore muscles.
- Since it is bacteriostatic, no bacteria can grow in it making it a sterile treatment for all sorts of skin ailments from eczema and psoriasis to reducing nail fungus and rashes.
- Emu oil is remarkable in its capacity to thicken and strengthen skin so that it retains water thus healing chronic dry skin and treating sun damage and wrinkles.
- A natural moisturizer, it conditions hair and even cures itchy scalp. Dr. Mercola recommends this as a great alternative moisturizer for the whole body.
- The high bioavailability of nutrients in emu oil may assist in cardiovascular disease, fibromyalgia, arthritis, gum disease, high blood pressure, carpel tunnel syndrome, migraine headaches, intestinal disorders, and even in decreasing allergic sensitivity among other things.
- Loaded with vitamins K2 and D3, emu oil helps to repair and prevent tooth decay.
Emu oil is a whole food, not a manufactured vitamin compound. As such the miraculous benefits come from the synergy of nutrients found in precious combination in the oil. Nevertheless, it is possible to test for and quantify some of the components in order to better understand the harmony of vital healing agents. Walkabout Emu Oil has consistently shown to be higher in nutrients compared to other brands due to their free-range farming and feeding practices.
- Omegas 3, 6, and 9: essential fatty acids necessary for growth, life energy, and skin regeneration.
- Vitamin K2: the “Activator X” vitamin identified by Dr. Weston A. Price as potentiating many other nutrients. Recently, Sally Fallon of the Westin A Price Foundation tested many popular whole food oil supplements and Walkabout Emu Oil came out on top for having more vitamin K2 than the rest, sometimes 10 times as much!
- Vitamin D3: critical vitamin for immunity, maintaining healthy bones, cognitive ability, and preventing multiple diseases.
- Vitamin E: antioxidant for immunity, healthy skin and eyes, and physical performance
- Vitamin A: antioxidant that repairs skin and provides antiseptic abilities.
- CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid): decreases muscle and joint pain as well as assisting in fat metabolism and healthy weight maintenance.
- Sapogens: skin softening agents
The Walkabout Way
Walkabout Emu Oil is refined by combining the best of traditional practices with modern day science. The unadulterated oil assures the best absorption and assimilation possible. Walkabout Emu oil is always Non-GMO, and is farmed on virgin soils with no pesticides, or chemicals. No artificial growth hormones, antibiotics, or vaccinations are given and there is virtually no waste in processing the animals as their meat, skin, feathers, and egg shells are all utilized commercially.
The Australian Aborigines have practiced the spiritual healing journey known as a “walkabout” for thousands of years. During this solo rite of passage in nature that could last for weeks, male Aborigine youth tapped their inner resources to emerge stronger in body and mind. Emu oil is a traditional, nutrient dense, life sustaining food carried with them on this quest. Its pure and unadulterated power is now available to help transform your life as well. Discover the pristine whole food medicine of the traditional Australian Bushmen and find your own balance with nature.