As many of you know, I followed a Paleo diet for years, and still do for the most part, but now I also eat a very low carb, or Keto diet. I had already cut out white sugar and grains, so the leap to Keto was not as drastic for me as for many others. It’s not always easy though, but having good recipes helps. This Keto Stuffing is one of my new favorites. I made it for Thanksgiving and loved it, so wanted to share it with you before the next bunch of holidays. I think you’ll love it, too.
Keto Bacon Cauliflower Stuffing
Inspired by delish.com
12 oz uncured bacon
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 large organic carrots, chopped
2 organic celery stalks, chopped
1 small head organic cauliflower, chopped
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
1 Tbs chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp ground
1/2 cup Perfect Bone Broth
1) Cook the bacon well in a large skillet. My stuffing doesn’t get the full 12 oz because my family always nibbles before the bacon makes it into the stuffing!
2) While the bacon is cooking, chop the onion, carrots and celery, set aside. Chop the mushrooms and cauliflower, set aside. Chop all the herbs and set aside.
3) Remove cooked bacon from pan and set aside to cool so you can handle and crumble it later.
4) Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pan with the bacon fat and sauté until soft, 7 or 8 minutes.
5) Add the mushrooms and cauliflower and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
6) Add the herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
7) Add one scoop of Perfect Bone Broth to 1/2 cup hot water and stir until dissolved. Pour over stuffing and cook until it is totally absorbed, roughly ten minutes.
I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as we do!
Looking for Eco-freindly gift ideas?
We got you covered. Check out this post for some great eco-friendly gift giving and gift wrapping ideas. Use Coupon code EcoWrap when you buy 3 or more Envirosax reusable bags. They make great stocking stuffers as well as paperless wrapping!
Use coupon code GreenGift to get 10% off everything in our Green & Environmentally Friendly category all month long.