Summer is very busy, but I love it! We’ve had so many events the past few weeks, and these two recipes keep coming up, so I thought I’d share. My two new favorite keto recipes both happen to involve chocolate and dessert. YUM! And fresh fruit – double YUM!!!!
Keto Chocolate Mousse/ Fruit Dip
1 9 oz bag of Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
1 cup whipping cream – I like Horizon Organic best
6 packets Monkfruit In The Raw
1. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
2. Beat whipping cream.
3. Fold the melted chocolate into the whipped cream and blend. Add sweetener and whisk together. Enjoy as is or chill to make it cold.
4. Put in one large bowl for fruit dipping or into individual bowls for mousse. Enjoy!
Keto Flourless Chocolate Torte
9 oz Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips
¼ tsp pure Monk monk fruit powder
1 stick cultured butter
⅛ tsp salt
2 tsp arrowroot powder
1. Melt the Lily’s chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler.
2. Add the monkfruit. Remove from heat when melted.
3. While that is melting, separate the egg whites from the yolks. Put the egg whites in a large bowl and add the yolks to the melted chocolate and mix well.
4. Add the arrowroot powder to the chocolate and mix well.
5. Add ⅛ tsp salt to the whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently combine the chocolate with the egg whites and mix thoroughly.
7. Use butter or coconut oil to grease the sides of an 8 inch or nine inch round cake pan. Flour with almond flour or cassava flour.
8. Pour the mixtures into the pan. Cook at 350° for 30 – 35 minutes – until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool for five minutes or so then flip onto a plate. Let it cool completely. I like it best right from the refrigerator.
Now you are ready to top it!
Rockin Raspberry Sauce
12 oz frozen (thawed) or fresh raspberries
1 Tbs organic maple syrup
Smash raspberries completely and add syrup. You should have a nice syrupy sauce. Pour over the top of the chocolate torte. Can be eaten like this or top with more fresh fruit. YUM!!!!
I always make fresh whipped cream so I can use my Pure Monk monkfruit powder to sweeten it. I use about 1/8 tsp per pint of whipping cream. Oh my God, this dessert is sooo good topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream. I am also going to try the mousse with the chocolate torte. There will be more recipes to come. I have just begun to experiment with this chocolate torte!